Life takes a surprising turn. It has for each one of us. After ending a relationship with someone, you need to embark on a real, mad and passionate love affair with yourself which involves having a very singular focus on yourself- only for yourself.
Loving yourself is important. They said, you cannot give what you don’t have. And once you feel in love with yourself, you can embrace the whole world with love. It’s not about selfishness as there is a golden voice that whispers-"I accept gracefully who I am, I respect and trust myself and I treasure my beautiful life."
You don’t have to wait for someone to release all these feelings- of being attractive, fascinating or lovable person. By yourself, you can do it.
Magic begins the moment you explore yourself. Don’t cut yourself off from one of life’s greatest pleasures. It’s actually a good thing when you’re alone because it gives you a space and time to discover your existence and importance in life. Having a man beside you do not equate you from being alone and happy. Well, I’m not telling you to isolate yourself to the rest of the world. But, when one gave up on you- don’t come up with the idea that life ended there. Don’t get stuck in a rut. You can always treat yourself a princess.
It may sound so absurd but here are the few things that you should try sometime:
1) Date yourself out to a restaurant with a good book company. Spray your favorite Bulgari’s Eau Par-fumee that smells like green tea. Have a sensuous, downright, sexy image in pairing this scent to your Elie Saab pearl beaded dress.
2) Go out for a cinema alone. Watch a movie alone with a caramel coated popcorn puffs with you and watch movie which promises some mystery, action movie about great men- or a comedy that will make you laugh out loud.
3) Try a candle light dinner with yourself. Turn on soft, dreamy and romantic selection of music and try a candle light dinner alone with a slug of Sauvignon Blanc wine and bask in how beautiful you look in the dim light. Tell yourself, "You’re so fabulous! I’ve never loved like this before."
4) At bedtime, slip into your gorgeous camison. Put the silent presence that nourish every sense but the ear on the side table of your bed- bouquet of ROSES! And inhale HEAVEN.
5) Treat yourself to a sensuous, completely satisfying breakfast. A little more than a gulped cup of Georgian tea or Turkish coffee, eggs Benedict with creamy spinach and smoky Hollandaise sauce, a piece of fruit or a strawberry yoghurt.
6) And, if you imagine a place to go, whip your map and set yourself free. Explore and find yourself footloose to places you've never been to. Feel completely at peace and let your heart skip a crazy beat.
7) Embark a real love affair with yourself. Take time to enjoy where you are. Always, always be there for yourself. What a happiness, to live completely in peace with that word: Myself.
8) Stop asking,"How would I be without someone to love?" Tell yourself, I can be my own someone. How much others love you is not that very important but how much you love yourself will define how confident you are. Be the most confident and elegant and fascinating company you have ever known. And have a fairy tale romance with yourself.
There’s nothing like saying, "Yes, I’ve nailed it and I love my life." After dating yourself for a few months, you feel being revitalized and realized you’ve finally found your soulmate as if you don’t want to date anyone ever again. And will probably stop seeing crystal-ball gazers to ask when you’re going to find your knight in shining armour. And for sure, you will stop wishing upon a star.