Written By Aira Alamo
1. Learn to listen at all times. Listen to whatever other people have to say, be it good or bad. Listening to good things makes us happy and positive while listening to not so good things reminds us that life is not always smiles and sunshine, we have to endure the gloomy days. To listen is to be enlightened; to listen is to not argue; to listen is to make peace. So, remember to have that kind heart that listens.
2. Put yourself in the place of others. This has been the best advice in most situations since forever. However, people still forget to keep this in their mind. When someone is in an awful situation, we judge and we utter things like, “he should have done this” or “it’s much better if she did not do this”. We talk like we’ve been in their situation and we know better but we got it all wrong. We never know what kind of trials others are facing each day. If what you are about to do or say won’t help someone, stop. Learn how to consider others’ feelings.
3. Do not judge other people. We are all imperfect and we are all sinners. It is good to offer a piece of advice to others but let us avoid judging them. Judging them won’t make us perfect.
4. Learn to forgive others and yourself, also. Forgiveness is not something we do for others. We do it for ourselves; to have the peace of mind everyone is yearning to have. Don’t let your heart be enshrouded by hatred and rage. It will surely kill you, emotionally. A happy heart is a happy life!
5. Accept things. In this life, we should bear in our mind that there are things we can’t change or we can’t have. So let’s accept it; we just have to make the best out of what we have. I am a firm believer that whatever is destined for us will surely be given in due time.
6. Wait for your turn. The world is chaotic because there are people who can’t wait for their turn. They will do everything just to get rid of those who are in position but life is not like that. We should always be patient. Doing things in haste guarantees a disappointing result.
7. Embrace failures and rejections. Failures are part of our lives, yes. Do not blame others if you are not okay; do not blame the government if you’re not rich; do not blame God if your life is so problematic because that’s life. Peerless and challenging in its own way.
8. Talk to your friends, to your family and to God. Sometimes, we just have to get it all out of ourselves. We just have to talk to release everything. I was in college when I encountered this quote, “A problem shared is a problem half-solved.” Talking may not entirely resolve your adversities in life, but it will surely help.
9. Accept help from others. You are not superhuman, if there is something you can’t do. You can always ask for help. Don’t make it a big deal, accept help from others and learn to say thank you.
10. Trust God. Have you watched that TV Show with a famous line, “Let go and let God!”? That line tests our faith and trust to God. Do not worry so much for everything, God is in control and you just have to trust His ways, His plans and His promises. If you do that, life will be a joyful journey! -Aira Alamo